Sunday, January 12, 2014

around here lately

Commercials seen while watching the CBS Evening news tonight: the bacon bowl. . . because everything's better in a bacon bowl, and my spy birdhouse. . . stick it on your window and watch the secret life of birds whilst you wash the dishes. Must be 18 to order. Seriously?

Christmas presents mailed to Ohio yesterday afternoon. . . because nothing says Merry Christmas like presents delivered in mid-January. It's the Christmas that keeps on giving!!!

Spotted at the grocery store today. . . because nothing says home quite like Bob Evans. Even if it is premade macaroni and cheese.
Lowe's really needs a few more shades of gray. . . because I just really want a gray gray. Not a (L-R) purple gray, blue gray, or green gray. (But in case you're wondering, out of the three, I'm leaning toward the blue gray.)
We're trying to pick a gray for the walls in our currently peachy-beige family room. The creamy white and peeling trim has been painted ultra white (which I love) and I've been working on the fireplace. This is really another post for another day, but here's a preview. The multi-colored rocks that someone tried to paint with the uneven and unfinished white caulking are now primed white. It's been an eyesore for the 2+ years we've lived here, and I can't even begin to tell you how much better it looks with just the white primer. Now imagine it all white smack dab between two lovely gray gray walls. It makes me happy just thinking about it, but I still have a lot of work to do.
Scrapping some Christmas memories Project Life style with the mini album. . . because nothing says Happy New Year like Christmas pictures. I need like 50 of these albums. The one I love the most is called Rain. It's almost the exact color of my bridesmaids' dresses. I hope to share more of this particular project on another day.
Date night roses. . . because nothing says I love shopping with you for a new dog bed after a fabulous dinner at Gustav's like pretty pink roses.
This week we're trying out something new in our dinner rotations. Actually, a few new recipes and quinoa. . . because nothing says super food like quinoa. 9 grams of protein per serving.
Grabbed this on my way out the door at Costco today. . . because it's ok to dream about where you'd like to spend your 10th anniversary together.

No comments: