Tuesday, December 11, 2012

so i had a little cookie exchange

It started out with these invitations. Totally stole the idea from pinterest. Here's my inspiration. They were quick and easy. I kind of had an assembly line thing goin' on. Freehand cut out the triangles and plopped them on the card. The red stars are buttons and gave just a smidge of dimension. I printed the text inside on the computer.
I invited quite a few friends, but for whatever reason, our numbers were smaller this year. That's ok, because the ones who came did not disappoint. We had lemon meltaways, peanut butter cup cookies, chocolate hazelnut powdered sugar delights, pretzel kisses, and almond roca.
We had appetizers and sat around and relaxed. We looked at my old Christmas albums. We cracked up about Barb and Rachel's cookie exchange tradition. They were dressed and looking exactly like they did last year right down to the red nail polish, sitting together on the love seat, drinking coffee and cranberry ginger ale. Good times.

 We ate cookies and spoiled baby Jude.
So thankful for my friends!

3 comments:

bmarquez said...

It was fun! Thank you Wendy for hosting and keeping the tradition going. You know I wouldn't bake cookies if it wasn't for your party. John and Zach love it when I come home with so many yummy goodies.

Unknown said...

How I wish I could have come.

Kellie said...

How neat! I have never done a cookie exchange.