Thursday, May 31, 2012

because you can never have too many B's

I like B's. I have a small, yet ever growing collection. I was at the Goodwill a while back and saw a funky looking quilted elephant in an ugly green and gold square frame. Although overpriced, I went ahead and spent the $1.99 on it because I had a vision. Threw the elephant away (before I started taking pictures, sorry) and got down to business.
 I'm a messy crafter when it comes to acrylic paint, so I taped up the back of the frame.
Mixed up some white paint with a little bit of brown. I didn't have any cream paint and I didn't want to spend any more money on this little project.
It took four coats of paint to cover up the green. Then I thought it was still too white, so I watered down some of the brown paint and rubbed it on with a paper towel. That kind of distressed the paint a little. I'm not sure why - maybe it wasn't totally dry yet.
Popped in a piece of patterned paper, cut out a B with my cricut and adhered that baby down. Now it graces the piano with my Willow Tree Angels and I love it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A most lovely "B", indeed. How very crafty of you!

Kellie said...

Very nice!!! :)