Sunday, January 22, 2012

my new favorite salad - and i don't even really like cauliflower

I first had this salad at our end of the year staff potluck back in June. It was so good I had to ask for the recipe. I made it last night for dinner and totally forgot about the apple and didn't use as much bacon and it was still delicious. I had to share. Because don't we all need more broccoli and cauliflower in our diets these days?


Broccoli - Cauliflower Salad

2 bunches of broccoli
1 head cauliflower
1 apple, diced
1/2 c. craisins
1/2 c. pecans, walnuts or almonds
1/2 c. chopped red onion
12 slices crisp bacon

Dressing:
1/2 c. mayo

2 T. apple cider vinegar
1/4 c. sugar

Add the bacon and apple right before serving so it doesn't get soft.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

That does look quite yummy!