Sunday, October 16, 2011

sunday = nap day

I'm ready for a snooze. But before I steal Phil505's Seahawks blanket (that I made for him but use more than he does) I thought I'd update you on a few things.

1. 505 found the oatmeal. That was after I went out and bought more, but at least I have my container back. Now you can all sleep at night.
2. We have a family room. We finally moved the computer armoire into the scrapbook room and got the chairs arranged in here. There's nothing on the walls yet, but at least it looks like a livable room. Hallelujah and amen.
3. I'm trying to figure out what kind of curtains to get for the sliding door. I don't want vertical blinds. I really hate them deep down inside. Any ideas for amazing window treatments, oh you wonderful friends-o-mine?
4. I canned salsa yesterday all. by. myself. I know. Be wowed. And thanks, Barb, for the canning confidence you've instilled in me.
5. 505 is rockin' his new look as Clark Kent. He picked out some nice ones. And I know he's seeing better now because I got home from the hair salon on Friday night and he told me I looked sexy. Usually his response when I get home from getting my hair done is something like, "Who are you? Where's my wife? What did you do to my wife?" I'll take sexy.
6. We're trying to get used to the wildlife around here. Apparently a neighbor's cat seems to like hanging out in our backyard. And we have squirrels. I've got a whole big box of tulip and daffodil bulbs to plant here in the next few weeks and I'll be darned. . . if those squirrels dig up my bulbs I'm not going to be happy. Know any natural deterrants for cats and/or squirrels?
7. On a more serious note, please keep my family in your prayers. My Aunt Nancy, as you may remember, was diagnosed with cancer several months ago. She has been undergoing chemo and radiation treatments and has been in and out of the hospital with dehydration and other issues. This week she underwent some other tests and they found out the cancer has been spreading. She was told that her time left with her family is very short. This is especially hard for my 91 year old grandmother. This is her second child that has suffered from cancer. My grandma was in the hospital earlier this week as well with what she thought was chest pains. Please lift up my Uncle Gary and my cousins Michelle and Michael as they take care of my aunt and for my Grandma. Thank you.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Glad you found the oatmeal and now have a family room! We need pictures of the inside, please.. :) I am so sorry to hear about your Aunt Nancy. I will keep you all in my prayers. I know this is so hard!