Monday, July 12, 2010

in other news, i haven't blogged in a while

Some of you, my diehard readers, have been coming back every single day. You've then left disappointed because there have been no updates. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

I could blame it on the jetlag.

But now that I've been back on Pacific Standard Time for approximately nine days, I figure I should get you all aboard the Trendy Wendy Wagon and get you updated on things.

We just got back from the beach. Ahhh. . . the glorious Oregon Coast. It was our church campout weekend at Fort Stevens. We filled up fifteen sites on our loop and we laughed and ate junk and breathed in campfire smoke until our lungs burned and watched kids crash their bikes and got eaten alive by mosquitoes despite the intense amount of Deet applied to our bodies and spent some time at the local scrapbook store and got to know each other a little bit better. Our site was right next to the bathrooms. The bathrooms that have the paper towel dispensers with the little brown banging handle that kept me up all night long Friday night. Save the trees, people. You don't need that many paper towels!

All for Christian fellowship while wearing fleece jackets and singing songs with guitar accompaniment and eating hot dogs cooked over the fire - say aye!

the jetty - where the Columbia River meets the Pacific Ocean

In case you were wondering, why yes, I took not only my blowdryer, but also my straightener as well. Let's just say I don't have very good campy hair. I may or may not have also applied makeup.

And yes, Barbara and I really did go to the scrapbook store in Astoria. It was awesome.

Phil505 and I booked our site for an extra night and thus we got to enjoy the wet misty weather an extra day. He drove his Jeep out onto the beach today and I finished reading The Help. If you've not read that book yet, go. Go now to your favorite local bookstore and get yourself a copy because there's probably a long waiting list at the library. It was the book that seemed like it was never going to end, and made me want to stay up late and read more, and then got me totally sad when I finished the last page. I hear there's even a movie in production. Stop reading my blog and go, people. It's that good.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Glad you are back and have enjoyed yourself. :) I'll have to check out that book!