1. Valentine's Day was fabulous. In case you were wondering, Phil got me roses. He also went into Craft Warehouse, by himself, and bought me a Cropodile. It's long been on my list of things I want for optimal scrapping. I can now punch holes in just about anything and set eyelets without a single ching, ching, ching. (Only Natalie and Glenda will get that.) He also got me a gigantic package of Sharpies. . . in cafe' colors.
2. I love Sharpies.
3. I, at the advice of my friend Barbara, made him a blanket. He's wanted a Seahawks blanket for a while, but even though Seattle is only a mere 3 hours away, there are no Seahawks blankets to be found. I always thought those fleece blankets had to be sewed, but no, they're just tied. (You learn something new everyday.) So off I went to JoAnn's to get NFL licensed fleece with lime green for the back. I spent a few hours cutting and tying, impressed myself with my newly acquired skills, and he was pleasantly surprised.
4. But not as surprised as I was Sunday morning when I went to my hiding spot to grab his gift bag and found my gift bag there instead. I thought the end of the couch close to the wall was a perfect hiding place, but I forgot how many times in a single night my man can lose his remote control. So ya, he saw it, and he figured he'd surprise me by putting my gift there instead. I'm sure the look on my face was priceless.
5. I thought I'd be all romantic and make chocolate covered strawberries for dinner on Saturday night. Ummm. . . next time I'll be sure to set them out on waxed paper. Half the chocolate ended up sticking to the tray.
6. I had forgotten until recently how good pretzel sticks dipped in French onion dip can be. I think I should forget about that again. Bob doesn't like it when I eat crap.
7. I am so glad that Chinese married couple won the gold medal. They deserved it. And perhaps now they can get back to normal married life. Sadly, at 11:00 last night, I could not stay awake any longer. So I got on the computer, pulled up msnbc and saw they had won. I keep waiting for a replay, but so far haven't seen it.
8. Remember those chewy multi vitamins??? Well, Costco sells them in bulk. Plus they had a coupon. My nails are growing faster.
9. I've actually had a 2nd blog fan tell me that they miss my music. I took it off because it was getting on my nerves, making the page load slower. I'm thinking about putting it back on. Just for you two. You know who you are.
10. I mentioned this on facebook today, much to the displeasure of some of my fans, but it was 62 degrees and sunny here today. Mid 60's by Thursday. No chance of rain til after Sunday. The invitation is open for all you snowbound. . . we have an air mattress.