Friday, August 7, 2009

right here right now

  • It's been a rather non-eventful Friday.
  • I revised my resume and applied for three teaching jobs.
  • I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting to find out if I'll have a teaching job or not this year.
  • I don't do well with the whole waiting thing.
  • My freeze-dried moles on my neck are turning black.
  • I'm sure you wanted to hear that.
  • I'm so ready for them to fall off. Or do whatever it is they'll do.
  • I made soup for dinner and it's not even Sunday. It involved chicken, corn I cut from the cob, and potato flakes.
  • Why soup? Because we went from record breaking heat to frost advisories (I'm not even kidding) in less than seven days.
  • My jaw is still sore, mostly when I yawn, because of my dental visit yesterday.
  • Had to get two fillings replaced. Ended up with more novacaine than I knew what to do with. My tongue was numb which made swallowing a challenge. My lower jaw was numb up to my ears.
  • I'm sure I must've been slobbering all over myself.
  • You may not know this about me, but internet, I have a congenital tooth defect. I was born without an adult tooth.
  • Tooth #7, I believe, in dental terms.
  • My mother has no idea where I would've gotten this gene from.
  • My previous dentist did pretty much all he could so I could keep it as long as possible, but the fillings fell out and the tooth broke.
  • So now I have a big hole in my mouth.
  • And it hurts when I eat sharp pointy things like Doritos.
  • On Monday I have to get the remains of tooth #7 pulled. He said, and I quote, "It's served its time."
  • Since I couldn't afford the $5,000 titanium root implant and porcelin veneer option, and I didn't want to have my other teeth grinded and crowned so he could put in a bridge, I'm going for the retainer with a fake tooth option. Still expensive, but much more affordable and no surgery required.
  • Tried to go blueberry picking with the hubs in honor of my Grandma's 89th birthday. Couldn't find the patch.
  • Called my grandma to chat and wish her a happy birthday. Got interrupted when my sister and her three kids showed up. (Thanks a lot, Jenny.)
  • Grandma said she'd call me back.
  • My Grandma is a berry picking kind of lady.
  • When I was in Ohio we picked a bunch of red raspberries. Somehow she pulled her little white shower chair out to her berry patch so she could sit down while she picked berries.
  • And my husband wonders where I get my stubbornness.
  • She also makes the best strawberry jam in the entire world.
  • With a name like Fannie, it has to be good.

No comments: