Saturday, August 1, 2009

the "economy in crisis" hits a little too close to home

  • Thanks to the sucky economy, I've been pink-slipped.
  • I don't like to use the word sucky, but have been when referring to my current situation.
  • I didn't really get an actual pink slip.
  • I've known since Wednesday, but was asked not to talk about it until all the staff had met with administration.
  • Apparently that has happened since an all-school email went out today.
  • We printed it out and it was about two and a half pages long.
  • So I'm going to write about my experience now because this blog is about my life.
  • And it's important to record some of the crap along with the good stuff.
  • It's also important to know this won't be as long as that email.
  • I'm not the only one who is now unemployed.
  • A lot of my friends are out of work too.
  • Nine of us all together - full and part time staff.
  • It makes me really, really sad.
  • I've been sick to my stomach for about two weeks when the first email came that said cuts were imminent.
  • Literally, it's in knots.
  • Knots that won't go away.
  • I thought I'd try a home-remedy of watermelon and milk.
  • That's not a good combination.
  • I have to laugh or otherwise I cry.
  • Phil's really good about letting me cry.
  • Although I do have to say that I was told I didn't have a job at about 4:30 on Wednesday and didn't cry until about 7:30 that night.
  • I made it through the meeting, through the celebratory "I don't have a job" dinner, and through worship team practice.
  • Then I got in the car and bawled the whole way home.
  • And for a good hour or so after that.
  • Really it wasn't a celebratory dinner. I made that up because it sounded better than I have worship team practice in an hour and I don't have time to go all the way back home.
  • I'm taking some time to process it all and weigh my options.
  • There aren't a lot of options to weigh.
  • Today my man whisked me away to the Gorge and we sat on rocks near the bottom of a waterfall.

  • Latourell Falls, in case you're wondering.
  • It's my favorite waterfall.
  • Phil's my favorite guy.

  • So I'm praying about my future and what direction my path should take.

  • I'm thinking about all His promises.
  • Appreciate your prayers too.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh, Wendy, I'm so sorry! What a loss for your school. I'm praying hard that God will give you clear direction and guidance as to where He wants you now. Also praying for peace for you. Lots of peace.

Jill said...

So sorry to hear, Wendy! I will keep you in my prayers. The Lord will provide, and already has with a wonderful husband, by the sounds of it!! Hang in there!!!

Kellie said...

Oh, Wendy!!! My heart broke when I read this... I am so very sorry. I will be praying for the Lord's direction in your life and that He will show you a clear path He wants you to take. Phil is a wonderful man and I am so thankful he is there with you to lean on as well right now. I'm sending hugs and prayers cross the country....