Saturday, March 21, 2009

in a strange turn of events

This was a pretty interesting week. Quite honestly, I'm glad it's over and that we're leaving for the beach this afternoon.

I last posted that we looked at the cute yellow house on Monday night. Tuesday morning, Phil came back home from work sick. He leaves at 4 and was back by 6. He missed two days.

Wednesday came and went with no call from the property management place. They were supposed to let us know one way or the other about the house. Thursday afternoon we both got calls from them saying that the first application didn't go through and did we still want them to run ours. Yippee!!! Of course we wanted them to still run ours. So now we wait til Monday to find out if we're accepted. Could be moving the first of the month.

Then as I'm cooking dinner Thursday night, my body starts doing strange things and I have to call Phil in to finish cooking dinner because I'm getting what he had only about 10 times worse. It literally hit me that fast and was so not pleasant. I haven't been that sick in a long, long time. I don't know how there was possibly anything left in my body to come out, but it did. All night long. It felt like someone twisted my stomach into a balloon animal. It was horrible. I missed school Friday.

I'm finally now beginning to feel back to normal. Which is a good thing because we've been planning our spring break trip to Yachats (pronounced Yaw-hots) for quite some time. It's meant mostly as a relaxing get-a-way trip, although we do have brunch at the Adobe and a trip to the aquarium planned, and I'm taking some books and scrapbook supplies along. Our hotel has a kitchenette and we're eating in. Phil also wants to drive farther south down the coast. It'll all be places that I've never seen, so I'll be sure to take some pictures to share later in the week.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Glad you're feeling better, Schwen. That did not sound fun. Now...enjoy your Spring Break vacation and I'll be praying for your house!