Saturday, January 10, 2009

i amazed myself with my cooking abilities tonight

Several weeks ago, after Phil & I went to see Marley & Me, we ended up at Olive Garden for dinner. Usually I go for the chicken alfredo (like seriously, almost every time) but that night I changed it up a bit and ordered the stuffed chicken marsala. YUM. I kept thinking the whole time, "I wish I knew how to make this. This stuff is divine." Then I remembered a website my friend Bridgette had told me about a long time ago - back when she made stuffed mushrooms for my bridal shower at church. When I asked her for the recipe, she told me she got it from copykat.com (which appears - at the moment - to have been hacked.) The recipe she used was a copy of the recipe from the Olive Garden's stuffed mushrooms.

Anyway, on a normal day on this site, you will find recipes for appetizers, meals, & desserts from all sorts of restaurants, and it just so happened to have the Olive Garden's chicken marsala. (I tweaked it a bit and slit the chicken open and stuffed it with some monterrey jack cheese.)

I was just going to link you to copykat, but instead, I'll give you the recipe. It's so good.

4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
1/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. oregano
4 T. oil
4 T. butter
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 c. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 c. marsala wine

Combine flour, salt, pepper, and oregano and blend well. Heat the oil & butter in a skillet until bubbling. Dredge the chicken in the flour and shake off the excess. Cook the chicken on medium heat for about 2 minutes on the first side, until lightly brown. As you turn the breasts to the 2nd side to cook, add the mushrooms around the chicken pieces. Cook about 2 more minutes, until lightly browned on the 2nd side. Stir the mushrooms. When the 2nd side is lightly browned, add the wine around the pieces, cover the pan and simmer for about 10 minutes.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

That looks Y-U-M-M-Y!!! :) If I get the hankerin' I may have to try that! lol